Kentico is a web content management system serving the areas of content management, intranet, social networking, e-commerce and online marketing. For it is based on Microsoft SQL Server and ASP.NET, this CMS is great for people who wish to create their sites with Microsoft technologies. Since an increasing number of ASP.NET hosting solutions integrate with Kentico, choosing a suitable one is before everything.
In this case, many hosting companies fall over each other to release Kentico hosting services to draw people’s attention so that it seems difficult to make a judgment among thousands of options. Here, we pick out three of the most popular companies, including HostGator, WinHost, and DiscountASP.NET, who offer outstanding Kentico hosting, and make a comprehensive introduction of them one by one. Let’s reveal the secrets together.
Best Kentico Hosting > HostGator
As one of the biggest hosting providers, HostGator offers both Linux and Windows hosting services in the favor of millions of webmasters worldwide. In total, this company has released 2 Windows hosting packages named as Personal Plan and Enterprise Plan, which are priced at $5.95/mo and $17.95/mo regularly. With the coupon code HG45PERCENT, the prices are automatically reduced to $3.27/mo and $9.87/mo. It is a smart choice for people who have a serious limitation on budget.
HostGator encourages customers to voice their options and suggestions to any hosting solution. For any dissatisfaction from customers, HostGator promises a refund policy within the first 45 days. Besides, both credit cards and PayPal payment are offered to customers.
All Windows hosting solutions integrate with Plesk control panel, Windows Server 2012 R2, IIS 8.5, Classis ASP, ASP.NET 2.0/3.5/4.0/4.5, and unlimited MSSQL databases. The CGI and Fast CGI make the solution much more intelligent. Additionally, this company boosts outstanding uptime record and server response time to guarantee secure and reliable hosting environment. Here, we show the statistics of its uptime and speed.
Best Kentico Hosting > WinHost
WinHost is rated the most reliable Kentico hosting among those three recommendations. There are three plans available for customers called Basic, Max and Ultimate, regularly priced at $4.95/mo, $9.95/mo and $19.95/mo. And now, an exclusive discount is ready for use to make each package much more affordable. With this promotional link, a 20% discount is activated in real time which reduces the cost to $3.95/mo. What’s more, all solutions come with free setup and free email hosting.
The 30 days money back guarantee ensures the interest of each customer and promises to pay back money when customers dissatisfy with any service in the prescribed period. And also, WinHost adopts the most convenient and secure payment methods – PayPal and Credit Cards as well as offers 24×7 technical support valid for email.
Each hosting solution includes sufficient disk space and monthly data transfer. The isolated application pools keep a high level of security on every application so as to minimize the risks of the hosted websites. The RAID 10 drives improve the security significantly so as to provide webmasters with a risk-free hosting experience. And also, the easy-to-use control panel becomes a key factor to develop and manage a site effortlessly.
Best Kentico Hosting > DiscountASP.NET
DiscountASP.NET has been recognized as the most specialized company in the Windows hosting industry. Unlike some other web hosts offering various hosting services, this company puts all efforts to deploy a premium ASP.NET package. In regular, the service is starting at $10/mo. By following the promotional link below, customers can purchase the service that is 50% off so that the effective prices starting at $5/mo.
Note that, the plan is free of setup fee along with 30 days money back policy. In addition to the affordable price, it comes with sufficient resources and advanced features as below. Besides, the web-based ASP.NET control panel is created for people who are particular about the use of control panel.
- 1-click installer for DotNeNuke, nopCommerce, BlogEngine, Orcahrd, etc.
- Silverlight 5, WebMatrix, Web Deploy, Access database
- Windows Server 2012, IIS 8, Free IIS Remote Access
- Isolated Application Pool, URL Rewrite Module 2
- Full Trust Level & Medium Trust Level
- MSSQL 2012/2014/2016
- ASP.NET 4.5/4.6/5, ASP.NET MVC 2/3/4/5/6
How to Choose Good Kentico Hosting?
As a fully functional .NET based content management system, Kentico is enjoying a vast popularity in today’s market. However, not every .NET hosting provider you can find makes it easy to get started with Kentico. There are some things you have to look into when judging whether a hosting provider is a suitable choice for you to build and host a Kentico website.
First of all, you have to make sure the provider has met all of the following system requirements for running Kentico 9, or you may get into trouble when installing the CMS.
- Windows Server 2008 R2/2012/2012 R2 and IIS 7.5/8/8.5.
- .NET Framework 4.5/4.6.
- MSSQL Server 2008 R2/2012/2014.
- Full trust ASP.NET application permissions.
- A minimum of 4 GB RAM and 200 MB database storage.
Those listed above are the basic things to check when selecting a good Kentico web host. Besides these basic requirements, you should also pay attention to the following factors if you want an optimized hosting experience.
- Ease of use – A user-friendly control panel and a 1-click Kentico installer are necessary for all those who lack advanced skills in server management and manual application install. It will be more appreciated if a provider offers Plesk or WebSitePanel as the control panel.
- Email hosting – If you want an easy and economical way to set up business email addresses with your own domain name, then make sure the web host provides email accounts within its hosting plans so that you can create and manage emails from the control panel.
- Web hosting performance – The uptime, speed and security are crucial to any online success, so make sure you have made enough investigations. Read the company’s complaints in forums to see whether it has done well in performance.
- Support service – If you will need support on some technical issues, you may want to contact the provider via email, live chat or phone. Be sure that the communication method you want is available, and the waiting time is not too long.
- Upgradability – Shared hosting is a good starting point for most small or medium sized websites. However, it would be better if VPS or dedicated server is also provided so that your future needs will be covered while there is no need to transfer your website.