The best Windows web hosting providers listed in below outperform dozens of competitors on the Windows server edition, MSSQL database edition, .NET Framework versions, control panel stability, experience and knowledge of the technicians on ASP.NET and IIS management, control panel, uptime and price.
It’s not easy to choose an optimized Windows hosting with high performance and affordable price. As we reviewed 50+ Windows web hosting solutions thoroughly, we finally come out the best Windows web hosting providers in below chart, based on our real testing experience and verified customer feedbacks.
After the in-depth review and comprehensive analysis, we rank out the best Windows hosting providers as Host4ASP.NET, HostGator, WinHost. To choose the best windows hosting for yourself, we recommend you reading the web hosting reviews and disclose as below. You won’t go wrong with them.
Best Windows Hosting – > Host4ASP.NET
As the Microsoft gold hosting partner, Host4ASP.NET is a leader in the Windows hosting industry. It is 100% focusing on the Microsoft developers’ requirements, offering award winning Windows hosting features as the following:
- Windows 2012 R2 with IIS 8.5
- ASP.NET 5/4.5/ 3.5/ 2.0, MVC / Silverlight
- Isolated Application Pool
- Full Trust Allowed
- 24/7 Technical Support
- 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
Host4ASP.NET hosting is cost effective, starting at $4.95/mo. However, customers can enjoy 40% discount by going through this exclusive promotional link, starting at $2.95/mo effectively.
Best Windows Hosting – > WinHost
WinHost is a professional web hosting provider who focuses on Windows platform only since 2000. Its mission is to provide the most affordable world-class Windows hosting solutions for customers. Indeed, it does! Starting at $4.95/mo, and plus with 20% discount for the WinHost promotional link, the price of WinHost Windows hosting is effective for $3.95/mo, really budget-friendly.
WinHost hosting service is cost effective with rich useful features. Though the 3 plans(Basic/ Max / Unlimited) keep the differences in the disk space, bandwidth, database accounts and allocated memory size, all plans support the cut-edging Microsoft technologies as Windows 2012 server with IIS 8, Windows 2008 server with IIS 7, SQL 2012, MS SQL 2008, .NET 4.5, and even ASP.NET MVC 4. Besides, by supporting both FULL and Medium Trusted, WinHost keeps the hosting sites with strong reliability.
WinHost develops well-designed control panel to make that it is a piece of cake to manage your account. Along with the ASP.NET 24/7 experts support, you can contact for helping anytime you need. You can also browse useful information in the knowledge base, or discuss questions in the community forum.
Moreover, in order to ensure the hosting service is excellent, WinHost purchases Dell Dual Quad Core Servers and puts them in a secure data center with UPS battery backup power, generator power backup, firewall protection, as well as 24×7 monitoring. Besides, to minimize the risks, the company builds its office in the same geographical area with data center. In this way, once there is a problem, professionals can solve it immediately. With all these efforts, the company is confident enough to promise at least 99.9% uptime.
Best Windows Hosting – > HostGator
HostGator is a leading web hosting provider which provides both Linux shared hosting and Windows hosting services. With the unique advantages, HostGator Windows hosting has been awarded as the best Windows hosting for many years.
HostGator Windows hosting supports the latest technologies as Windows Server 2012 R2 with IIS 8.5, ASP.NET 4.5/4.0/3.5/2, PHP 5, Perl, Python, SSI, CGI, etc. It provides unlimited MySQL 5 & MSSQL 2012 databases, and allows Medium Trusted to ensure the reliability.
HostGator Windows hosting is cost effective, and the price is affordable for $5.95/mo. For customers using the coupon code EUNGE30OFF, they can get additional 30% discount at most. As a result, customers can buy HostGator Windows hosting at $4.16/mo effectively. Plus, customers are backed by the professional Windows support and powerful 45 Day Money Back Guarantee.
What’s more, in case customers may encounter problems that need professional technical support, the company offers warm 24×7 customer services through support portal, email, live chat and phone. HostGator promises to give a response in a short time.
How to Rank the Windows Hosting
To choose the really reliable Windows hosting, we follow the below guidelines.
The web hosting based on Windows server 2012 edition is ranked higher than the previous editions. Windows server 2012 has better performance, better stability, less consumption of system resources and high security. And it supports the best web server IIS 8.0 in Windows platform so far, which integrates with the ASP.NET pipeline much better than IIS 7.0/6.0
ASP.NET applications work better with MSSQL than MySQL or PostgreSQL database. And the Windows web hosting supported MSSQL 2008 R2 gets a higher grade than MSSQL2005 and MSSQL2000. Feature and benefits in MSSQL2008 are better than the previous version of MSSQL, such as encrypt to enhance security, data compression to save disk space, parallel computing to accelerate speed, less consumption of system resource, and so on.
The Windows hosting with support to multiple .NET framework versions especially .NET Framework V4 has a higher score in the ranking. The more versions supported the less compatible problems you may encounter, which also provides you more scalability to upgrade the websites later.
Plesk is ranked as the No.1 control panel for Windows web hosting, and DotNETPanel, H-Sphere and other types have its advantage and disadvantage. We graded these types of control panels with different scores.
Reliability is the factor must be considered. It is evaluated by different criteria, we list these indicators below.
- Pre-install anti-virus software
- Pre-install firewall
- Stable Datacenter
The best Windows web hosting listed above are ranked on these criteria, and all the 3 best windows web hosting truly meet the highest standards, which can powerful enough to run your website.
Pros and Cons of Windows Web Hosting
In fact, the Windows hosting solution is not as popular as the Linux hosting service. To give you a better understanding about this hosting type, we have listed some strong points and weak points of Windows web hosting.
The Strong Points
- If your web host is a reliable and quality hosting provider, this hosting type can even achieve a more stable running than the normal Linux hosting solution.
- It is surely multilingual that supports multiple scripting languages we have covered nowadays.
- This hosting type is surely easy-to-use due to the immense popularity of Microsoft technologies. With it, there is no need to for you run the command line.
- If you do not have enough experiences and knowledge of hosting, this type of hosting solution is arguably easier for you for the management tasks.
The Weak Points
- Windows hosting is surely expensive. After all, the system of Windows is not free to use, but requires you to pay for the license fee. In addition, Windows can only be got from the official site or a few appointed agents, so there are almost no chances for you to get some lower charges or the attractive promotional campaign.
- If you want to install some PHP based plugins, extensions and modules, the Windows hosting may fail to work well due to the compatibility issue.
- Generally, PHP cannot work effectively with IIS as compared with Apache. For webmasters who are running a PHP based application, the 500 error might occur constantly.
- Your web hosts may give you little flexibility for customizing and configuring your web servers.
- If you want to use WordPress to set up and control your website, the Windows hosting service may fail to ensure you a good experience.