The comparison between EasyCGI and Host4ASP.NET is based on their hosting performance, features, price value and support. Both the two companies are very hot and always rated top within lots of community forums and websites. It’s hard to choose between them, and thus we will give a comprehensive analysis of EasyCGI and Host4ASP.NET as below.
To start, let’s have a quick view of the two hosting providers:
- EasyCGI – is a US-based company that that claims to be amongst the top 10 hosting service providers around the globe. It was founded up in 1996 and has been a member of EIG (Endurance International Group) for many years.
- Host4ASP.NET – is established by a group of innovative developers and has been enjoying ultra-rapid development since the first presence. It locates data centers in Hong Kong and Chicago, with over 20,000 websites worldwide.
A major difference between the two hosting choices is that only Host4ASP.NET devotes itself to Windows hosting solely. According to online customer testimonies, Host4ASP.NET has overwhelming popularity than its competitor – EasyCGI.
How About the Similarities?
Both as big names in the hosting market, Host4ASP.NET and EasyCGI share some characteristics in common from the following aspects:
1. 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
They both guarantee at least 99.9% uptime to host all websites in a stable environment. Host4ASP.NET uses powerful backup generators and power supply to make sure that servers and ventilation keep working without any interruption; while EasyCGI network consists of redundant routers that are connecting to multiple providers via BGP.
As shown, the two companies both realize their promises, and Host4ASP.NET achieves approximately 100% in uptime.
2. 30-day Money Back Guarantee
A 30-day money back guarantee is available for both EasyCGI and Host4ASP.NET customers. That is, a full refund will be given back to unsatisfied users provided that they cancel their accounts during the valid 30 days.
However, EasyCGI indicates that it will charge for the full term of the contract once users cancel before the end of their specified term. Also, this company doesn’t make it clear about how a customer will be qualified for a refund of unused months’ service, and the refunds do not include domain registration fees and setup fees.
Host4ASP.NET Edges over EasyCGI
Host4ASP.NET is definitely superior to its competitor in consideration of price value, features as well as support.
1. Server Specifications & Hosting Features
In view of server specifications,
- Host4ASP.NET has configured all servers with SSDs storage that is 20X faster than HDD on loading speed. Meanwhile, it takes advantage of the newest Windows 2012 R2 with the robust IIS 8.5 and MS SQL Server 2012/2014 included.
- EasyCGI servers are not optimized with HDD, and only Windows 2008 and Windows 2003 are allowed. The version of MS SQL Server database is 2005, which is out-of-date.
As for general hosting features like disk space and bandwidth, we’ve made a comparison table as follows.
|Plans in Review||Advanced X||Advance|
|Monthly Data Transfer||3,500 GB||Unlimited|
|Disk Storage||350 GB||Unlimited|
|IIS Remote Management||No||Yes|
|Full Trust Level||No||Yes|
|Dedicated Application Pool||No||Yes|
|MS Web Deploy||No||Yes|
2. Control Panel
EasyCGI provides a custom control panel for customers to administer and manage websites. This kind of control panel appears to be similar with cPanel, but it has been blamed for displaying too many annoying ads.
On the other hand, Host4ASP.NET control panel is the award-winning WebSitePanel that permits clients to control every aspect of their accounts from any location. Furthermore, there is a useful demo available for customers to familiarize themselves with the control panel. With the use of the auto-installer, the installation and update of most applications is just a click away!
3. Pricing for Hosting Plan & Domain Registration
Host4ASP.NET provides better price value when compared to EasyCGI. In below, let’s take the Advance X plan of EasyCGI and the Basic plan of Host4ASP.NET as examples.
- EasyCGI – original $9.95/mo and the final price for annual billing is $7.96/mo.
- Host4ASP.NET – original $4.95/mo, but any visitors clicking through this exclusive link can cut the price down to $2.95/mo. This applies to both 24/36-month billing.
Plus, EasyCGI charges much higher domain registration fee than its rival. For instance, a .com domain is charged for $17.99/yr at EasyCGI company, while it only costs $12.95/yr for Host4ASP.NET subscribers.
4. Server Connectivity
Both EasyCGI and Host4ASP.NET vow to deliver short page loading time and fast network reaction speed using high-performed servers and facilities. But according to our testing statistics from Pingdom.com, the actual loading time of EasyCGI and Host4ASP.NET average 2.03s and 1.76s respectively.
5. Technical Support
Technical support is of great importance for both hosting customers and providers. As such, Host4ASP.NET does a better job than EasyCGI. Both of them provide professional customer service through email and live chat, but only Host4ASP.NET uses Twitter feed and Facebook page as a support option.
As a side note, many EasyCGI customers point out the support is friendly but useless as most of their issues will be transferred to the ticketing system and it takes forever to hear back from a technician. Perhaps this is because this company place premium users at the first place.
Summary – Host4ASP.NET Is More Recommended
Both EasyCGI and Host4ASP.NET offer 99.9% uptime and 30-day refund guarantee. But for webmasters who care more about the hosting price, features as well as technical support, they should consider Host4ASP.NET firstly.