Both of Host4ASP.NET and 1and1 have established themselves as dominant players in the Windows hosting market and continue to gain praises from their clients. In this all-round comparison, we will mainly compare the Advance plan of Host4ASP.NET with the Unlimited Plus plan of 1and1.
Following are similarities and differences between the two companies, covering features, cost, user reviews, performance, support and many other factors. To start, let’s take a look at their editorial ratings.
|Company Review||Host4ASP.NET Review||1and1 Review|
Host4ASP.NET VS 1and1 > Similarities
The two companies are identical to each other in terms of some aspects like below:
- the number of packages – Host4ASP.NET provides three optional plans for small to medium websites, including Basic, Advance and Business; while 1and1 Windows hosting consists of three options – Unlimited, Unlimited Plus as well as Unlimited Pro.
- unlimited resources – there are many “Unlimited” things in both the “Advance” and “Unlimited Plus” packages, such as unlimited disk storage, traffic and subdomains. Meanwhile, only Host4ASP.NET supports unlimited IIS concurrent connections.
- 30-day full refund trial – they both provide a full refund for anyone who is not 100% satisfied with the service and decide to cancel his/her account within the first 30 days. For Host4ASP.NET users, a pro-rated one is also available after that period.
- 99.9% uptime guarantee – as both of them guarantee at least 99.9% uptime, we’ve carried out a performance testing for past months. As shown, Host4ASP.NET achieves an almost 100% uptime, and 1and1 scores 99.96% during this period.
Host4ASP.NET VS 1and1 > Differences
In the meanwhile, differences between the two companies are highlighted as below:
Company History & User Experiences
Host4ASP.NET, an uprising star in the hosting industry, has had a singular goal to provide the most reliable and quality service for clients all over the world. Also, their excellence in customer support has paid off with many happy customers and industry recognitions. As shown, many website owners have considered it as a recommendable option.
1and1, founded in 1988, has been one of the most aggressive advertisers with full-page ads in TV spots and magazines. That said, this company rivals itself in view of mass-market advertising and brand awareness. Plus, there are many negative reviews inside the Internet forum, and many consumers reflect that pointing domains to this web host is not intuitive at all.
Pricing & Billing Details
On first glance, the “Unlimited Plus” plan of 1and1 looks pretty attractive, and it seems to get points for being an option for webmasters on a super-tight budget. However, once explore deeply, we can easily find this plan is not as economical as is claimed.
- 1and1 Unlimited Plus plan costs new subscribers $4.99/mo for the first year, and a regular price of $9.99/mo is required in the coming years. Plus, the renewal price for .com domain is up to $14.99/yr.
- Host4ASP.NET Advance plan charges $6.95/mo initially, but anyone clicking through this exclusive promotional link can get a time-limited sale price. The prices for 12/24/36-month billing are $5.95/mo, $4.95/mo and $3.95/mo only.
Anecdotally, 1and1 has a messy procedure for package upgrade. If users are messing up, they will end up paying more than the hosting fee for one year. Plus, unhappy customers need to login into an extra cancellation area that cannot be found from the control panel to submit their cancellation requests. Really inconvenient!
ASP.NET Hosting Features & Usability
Webmasters who pitch on Windows shared hosting think a lot of hosting resources, control panel, SQL database and many other features. In the following table, we will show the main ASP.NET hosting features of the two companies and explain why 1and1 is far behind its competitor.
|Plans in Review||Advance||Unlimited Plus|
|Windows Server||2012 R2/2014||2012 R2|
|Remote IIS Management||Yes||No|
|MS Web Deploy||Yes||No|
As shown, 1and1 is just fine on the basics as many super-technical features are absent. Though this company has a wide range of available apps to install on the backend, its “1-click install” for WordPress is more like a manual installation process, without any guides to help. As such, it will never be a good option for high-end developers or small business owners.
Internet Connectivity Speed
In addition to high availability, both Host4ASP.NET and 1and1 guarantee fast hosting speed with the use high-performance servers. The following chart shows that Host4ASP.NET consumes 309ms server response time on average, while 1and1 takes over 757ms averagely.
Support Portals & Quality
Host4ASP.NET does a better job in respect to customer service. This company takes a mission to help clients succeed online and provides 24×7 technical support through ticket, live chat as well as email. Its staffs have been proved to be respectful and helpful during the communication process.
In comparison, 1and1 only provides phone call support Sales or Billing queries. There is no live chat support, and their customers will have to wait at least 12 to 24 hours for an email reply. Besides, many help tutorials and files documented in the “Help Center” are outdated or incorrect. Some picture diagrams even use the account control panel from years ago, which only results in more and more confusions.
Final Conclusion – Host4ASP.NET Rocks!
On the basis of the above comparison, it is natural to draw a conclusion that Host4ASP.NET is best suited for anyone who wants a powerful and helpful web host at a reasonable price. Also, it has a large customer base with overwhelming positive reviews.