The comparison is between two of the most popular Windows hosting brands – Host4ASP.NET and BigRock. Though the two companies share some characteristics in common, Host4ASP.NET is better than BigRock from resource allocation, performance and customer support aspects. The following comparison will go through both the similarities and differences between them.
To start, let’s take a quick look at the two hosting providers:
- Host4ASP.NET is an innovative hosting company that offers a variety of high quality Windows hosting services for website owners, including shared, reseller and VPS. They utilize advanced data centers and prompt support to hundreds of thousands of clients worldwide.
- BigRock, started as a domain registrar in India, has been a part of the Directi group of Businesses. With 5 different types of hosting, plus website builder and domain registration, the web host is becoming a major force in the hosting market of India.
What Do They Have in Common?
Both as reputable Windows hosting service providers, Host4ASP.NET and BigRock are similar to each other on these points:
- 30-day money back guarantee. They both agree to offer a full refund to those who cancel their accounts before the first 30 calendar days of registration. A pro-rated one will be due after that period. Note that, refunds do not include SSL certificates, domain names and other additional services.
- Enhanced server security. All servers are closely protected by some of the most secure network monitoring systems and firewalls in the industry. Each server is pre-installed with anti-virus software. Also, all applications and system OS are kept up-to-date with frequent security patches.
- 99.9% uptime guarantee. Like many other companies, they both offer a 99.9 percent uptime guarantee thereby ensuring a reliable and stable hosting environment. According to the monitoring result of UptimeRobot.com, we are surprised to find that the average uptime of Host4ASP.NET approximates to 100%, which is slightly higher than that of BigRock.
Host4ASP.NET Advantages over BigRock
#1: Server Specs & Price Value
As the server specs directly determines the quality of hosting service,
- Host4ASP.NET makes good use of DELL brand-new server production and SSD RAID arrays, which greatly accelerates the server connection speed. Besides, all servers run on Windows Server 2012 R2 and MSSQL 2012/2014 with the latest Microsoft technologies.
- BigRock utilizes Dell Rack servers, along with Dual Quad Core Xeon CPUs. However, it only supports Windows Server 2008 and 2003, and the MS SQL version is not clearly specified on the homepage.
The hosting features also set the two companies apart from each other. The below table is designed to unveil their differences on disk storage, data transfer, control panel, .NET framework, and so on.
Obviously, the Advance plan of Host4ASP.NET offers more hosting features than the Premium plan of BigRock at a cheaper price of $3.95/mo. Note that, this sale price can be claimed through the following exclusive promotional link. No coupon code need.
#2: Control Panel
As such, all of Host4ASP.NET customers can receive access to the easy-to-navigate WebSitePanel without paying additional fees. What’s more, there is a WebSitePanel demo account available for anyone, be registered users or page viewers. In this way, webmasters are given the opportunity to get to know the admin panel before committing to a plan.
Comparatively, BigRock provides the less popular Plesk control panel for their consumers. Though Plesk has done a great job at fixing and accepting security vulnerabilities, there is still a history of security concerns there. As restore and backup options take up large disk space, some large files must be moved to another server.
#3: Server Performance
As noted, Host4ASP.NET takes advantage of DELL servers with Dual processors, RAID 5 and 32+GB RAM to deliver much faster Internet connection speed. From below, we can notice that this company only needs 1.76s to load one page, while the loading speed of BigRock is up to 9.06s.
#4: Customer Support
Both Host4ASP.NET and BigRock customers can seek professional assistance from the support team via the following tunnels:
- Live chat. Their support experts and professionals are standing by 24 hours a day and 7 days a week to answer any queries in time. To start chatting, users often need to fill in their names, questions as well as the wanted department, and it won’t take more than 3 minutes to get a reply.
- Ticket system. This is offered for some problems that are not urgent. Also, this can be regarded as an effective support way especially when the online support goes offline for anonymous reasons. The email address and password are required to send a support ticket.
- Knowledgebase. Their customers have access to a well-documented knowledgebase to find answers to common hosting issues. As shown, Host4ASP.NET has an active “Blog” section where there are a lot of “how-to” articles as well as other pieces of information.
On the down side, BigRock seems to concentrate a lot on new clients at the price of ignoring their old clients. That means, newly-registered users of this company can get a higher priority in the waiting queue. This is totally unreasonable.
Final Thought – Host4ASP.NET Is Recommended!
All things considered, we recommend Host4ASP.NET to anyone who wants a powerful and helpful Windows hosting provider at a budget-friendly price. From the statistics of 170 Host4ASP.NET customers’ reviews, this company has obtained consistent high praises from the public.