Both HostMantis and Host4ASP.NET are popular web hosting providers offering various hosting services, including shared, reseller and VPS. In this HostMantis vs Host4ASP.NET comparison, we mainly focus on the aspects of their Windows hosting on pricing, features, performance and technical support.
Before going further, you can have an overview of the 2 companies in the following:
- HostMantis first entered the hosting industry as Plexihost. It was not until 2010 that this company changed its name to HostMantis and positioned itself to become a major presence in the web hosting industry.
- Young as it may be, Host4ASP.NET is a fast growing and highly reputed web hosting company that offers reliable and affordable hosting services for website owners. So far, this company has served more than 20,000 people ranging from individuals to businesses.
|Read More||HostMantis Review||Host4ASP.NET Review|
HostMantis VS Host4ASP.NET– Similarities
HostMantis and Host4ASP.NET have something in common in terms of the following points:
- 30-day money back guarantee – For those who cancel their accounts due to the unsatisfaction with the service, they are allowed to get their money back in the first 30 days. As for Host4ASP.NET users, a pro-rated refund is also available after the guaranteed period.
- No phone support – Both web hosts do not provide phone support, which would more or less cause some inconvenience for those who are in emergent situations and need immediate help.
Price – HostMantis Wins
HostMantis comes with 4 cheap hosting plans, which are Entry, Starter, Advanced and Expert starting at $1.29/mo, $2.49/mo, $4.49/mo and $6.49/mo.
Host4ASP.NET offers 3 hosting packages named Basic, Advance and Business, regularly pricing at $4.95/mo, $6.95/mo and $15.95/mo. Plus, a discount is available for new customers via the following exclusive promotional link, making the prices then changed to $2.95/mo, $3.95/mo and $9.95/mo.
We have to admit that HostMantis offers cheaper hosting packages than Host4ASP.NET does. However, taking the hosting resources and features into consideration, Host4ASP.NET is indeed much more cost-effective. For more proofs, please continue to the next part.
Windows Hosting Resources & Features – Host4ASP.NET Wins
To better display the differences of their hosting solutions, we made the following table based on their allocation of disk space, data transfer, control panel, programming languages, .NET Framework, and so on.
|Plan in Comparison||Advanced||Advance|
|Disk Space||30 GB||Unlimited|
|Monthly Data Transfer||300 GB||Unlimited|
|MySQL & MS SQL||Yes||Yes|
|MS Web Deploy||No||Yes|
|Node.js & Classic ASP||No||Yes|
|Full Trust Level||No||Yes|
|IIS Remote Management||No||Yes|
|Dedicated Application Pool||No||Yes|
|Conclusion||Not Recommended||Visit Host4ASP.NET|
According to the comparison above, you can see that HostMantis has edges over Host4ASP.NET on hosted websites and email accounts. However, as for other important resources, like disk space and bandwidth, Host4ASP.NET undoubtedly does a better job.
What further highlights Host4ASP.NET is the WebSitePanel, with which you can easily manage your domains, databases, files, email accounts, DNS, and more. Other Windows features like Node.js, Classic ASP, full trust, IIS remote management, dedicated application pool and so on, also tell them apart.
Performance – Host4ASP.NET Wins
HostMantis has several data center locations in North America and Europe, including Detroit, Amsterdam, Los Angeles and Lenoir. Their data centers are equipped with redundant power, HVAC, fire detection, and so on.
In addition, with their servers housed in those top tier data centers, and network powered by high-speed Cisco cores, this web host manages to achieve a quick speed. Besides, 24×7 data center and network monitoring are provided to ensure maximum uptime and reliability.
According to our real-time monitoring, the uptime of HostMantis is not so satisfactory while the speed of it is not bad. However, it is still not as reliable and fast as its competitor, Host4ASP.NET.
Host4SP.NET guarantees 99.9% uptime and utilizes advanced facilities and state-of-art technologies. You can check in the list below.
- Data centers – World-class US based data centers certified by SAS 70 Type II Authentication, equipped with fully UPS, backup generators, N+1 generator, dual routers, ventilation, heating, air conditioning and more.
- Servers – 100% high performance Dell servers with redundant, multi-layer network, and 300 Gbit/s connectivity.
- Security – 24×7 server and network monitoring, automatic backup, server maintenance and safety locks.
According to our test website hosted with Host4ASP.NET, we find the uptime of Host4ASP.NET in the last 30 days achieves 100% and the server response takes averagely less than 310ms.
Technical Support – Host4ASP.NET Wins
HostMantis claims to offer 24×7 technical support via email and ticket, however, issues related to sales and billing are only expected to be resolved during 7:00 am – 10:00 pm EST. Besides, other contact channels like live chat and phone call are not supported.
As for Host4ASP.NET, this web host guarantees to provide 24×7 responsive support through email, live chat and ticket system. Whenever you send a message asking for help, you can get an effective solution in a short time.
In addition to those mentioned above, both companies also provide other helping resources like knowledgebase that includes a number of answers to some frequently asked questions. As for Host4ASP.NET, there is also a blog coming with various tutorials, security tips and SEO strategies, etc.
HostMantis VS Host4ASP.NET – Who Is the Winner?
According to the side-by-side comparison, both web hosting companies offer Windows hosting plans with 30-day money back guarantee. However, Host4ASP.NET is more rich-featured and does better in cost-effectiveness, performance and technical support.
What’s more, Host4ASP.NET comes with a number of positive reviews from real customers. Hence, we think this web host is a more considerable choice.