DotNetNuke, or DNN for short, is a Microsoft .NET based web content management system, used to build professional websites with interactive features and dynamic content. It has become a trend for the webmasters who develop their sites with Windows web hosting. Users can install this powerful CMS from the WebSitePanel.
Many hosting companies in this field provide excellent DNN hosting as well as utilize the user-friendly WebSitePanel, making it easy for customers building their websites.To run a website with DNN smoothly and successfully, you need to install DotNetNuke at first. Frankly, it is not a hard nut to crack. Even for beginners, they finish the whole installation without a lot of efforts.
In the following, we make an in-depth introduction and guide you how to install DNN from your WebSitePanel only with a few clicks. We hope that this instruction can help you a lot.
You can install DNN though Web App Gallery, which is a script installer including many one-click installations, such as DotNetNuke, BlogEngine.NET, Orchard, Drupal, Joomla, WordPress, and so on.
1. When signing a hosting solution, you need to log into the WebSitePanel. Find out the Web App Gallery and click it.
2. Browse the Web App Gallery and find the DotNetNuke, which looks like what we display as below.
3. Click the “Install” button or its icon shown in the list. You will enter the next page which displays the information about DotNetNuke, from which you can learn more details about this leading web content management system. The numerous features make site building easier.
4. If you determine to install this application, you need to click the “Next” button to continue the installation. And then, you access to the information page. Here, you should select the website where you want to install the application. For the Application Name, if you need to install the DNN in the root of the website, like http://www.yourdomain.com, there is no need to fill something into the blank. On the contrary, if you want to install it into the specific folder under the website, you need to fill in the application name. The root will be like http://www.yourdomain.com/directory_name.
5. In some cases, there might be a database option. You are allowed to use the existing database. And also, you are able to create a new one, and set the database name, username and password by based on your own needs.
6. When all the information has been filled, you can click “Install” to finish the whole procedure.