Have you narrowed your choice for Windows web hosting down to ixWebHosting and GoDaddy, but are unsure of which one to go with? Luckily for you, this ixWebHosting VS GoDaddy comparison will assist you in selecting the better hosting provider.
ixWebHosting and GoDaddy are two of the most popular hosting service providers in the market. When comparing them to choose the winner, it’s important to know where each web host excels and what can be made to make improvements. Now, let’s get started with the similarities between the two web hosts.
|Read More||ixWebHosting Review||GoDaddy Review|
Similarities – ixWebHosting VS GoDaddy
When purchasing a Windows hosting plan, you can expect those features from either ixWebHosting or GoDaddy, including:
- Free domain registration. When signing up with an annual plan on both ixWebHosting and GoDaddy, you can get free domain name registration for the first one year. Above all, ixWebHosting offers up to 3 free domains, and .com, .org, .net, .info, .biz as well as .us domain extensions are available there.
- 1-click auto installer with many popular applications. The one-click app installer integrated with the hosting panel will let you install different types of applications like DNN (DotNetNuke) and WordPress with the click of a button. Note that, there are 150+ applications available with GoDaddy.
- 99.9 percent uptime guarantee. Both of them guarantee a 99.9% uptime thereby ensuring a trustful and reliable hosting environment. According to the following uptime report, ixWebHosting and GoDaddy are on par with each other during the past 30 days.
- 24×7 & responsive customer support. The two companies place a great deal of emphasis on customer support and meanwhile hire a team of technical specialists who are very quick to respond and always take your problems seriously. The allowed support channels include live chat, hotline and ticket system. Plus, you can find lots of instructive files regarding “control panel” and “Windows servers” from the “Help” area of GoDaddy.
The Advantages of ixWebHosting
#1: 90-day money back guarantee
You can cancel your Windows hosting plan within the first 90 days and receive a full refund provided by ixWebHosting. There is no hidden clause, and a pro-rated refund is due after that period. Note that, cancellation requests need to be sent to the “Billing” department, and your account will be terminated within 48 hours.
Comparatively, GoDaddy only offers a 30-day money back guarantee, which is obviously not enough to test out the quality and reliability of the hosting service. As a matter of course, fees for domain registration, setup and add-on service are totally non-refundable.
#2: satisfying server performance
Likewise, we’ve performed a test to check the speed of websites running with both ixWebHosting and GoDaddy. Note that, both the selected websites have the same design, images, page size and request. In fact, the following diagram shows that the website hosted with ixWebHosting loads at 1.92s, which is much faster than that of GoDaddy.
The Advantages of GoDaddy
#1: Plesk control panel
As noted, control panel is where to install programs, create emails and manage website and database files. In this regard, GoDaddy provides you with the option of choosing between two popular control panels – cPanel and Plesk. Additionally, the Windows-based Parallels Plesk is loaded with all the features that you need to run your business, including:
The control panel of ixWebHosting is self-developed, which has no name for now. Although there are no big problems with the web-based control panel, you may spend more or less time and efforts to get familiar with it at the start.
#2: much affordable pricing
They both have multiple Windows hosting plans to upgrade, but the offered pricing and discounts vary greatly. To be precise,
- ixWebHosting names the plans as Business Plus and Unlimited Pro, each of which includes 1/3/12/24/36-month contract terms. The plans range in price from $12.95/mo to $14.95/mo regularly, but you can use the default WINNER coupon to get the sale prices of $4.50/mo and $9.95/mo for the initial term.
- GoDaddy Windows shared hosting covers up to three solutions, among which the intro-level Economy plan charges for $4.99/mo after discount. This may seem to be slightly expensive than that of its competitor, but you only need to pay $6.99/mo for renewing this plan. No coupon code is required to get the bargain price.
How About the Resource Allocation?
If you’ve ever been on a hosting company website, then you must have seen a long list of technical specifications on its page. The following table has a comparison of the main features of ixWebHosting and GoDaddy, and the basic Business Plus and Economy plans are selected here.
|Plan in Comparison||Business Plus||Economy|
|Disk Storage||100 GB||Unlimited|
|Monthly Data Transfer||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|MS SQL Databases||50||10|
|Shared SSL Certificate||Yes||Yes|
|MS SQL Server||2005||2012|
|Windows Server||2003||2012 R1|
It’s pretty easy to notice that ixWebHosting allows for much more resources than its rival. Aside from that, this company still includes advanced features in each plan, such as:
- up to 15 free dedicated IP addresses & full trust level.
- rewrite modules support & visual studio 2008 support.
- coldfusion servers & server side includes.
The Verdict – ixWebHosting VS GoDaddy
To sum up, ixWebHosting and GoDaddy are very much alike in terms of free domain registration, auto-installer and uptime guarantee as well. The two companies both have their own advantages over each other, but meanwhile lose points at certain aspects.
In this case, we recommend you to go with the following web hosts to maintain a balance between budget and quality.