Both MochaHost and GoDaddy are comprehensive providers of hosting services. They offer various types of Windows hosting plans, as well as Linux hosting plans. Besides, they have over 10 years’ history in the hosting field.
In order to figure out which one of them provides the better Windows hosting services, we have compared MochaHost and GoDaddy carefully for the cost-effectiveness, performance, and technical support. As a result, we find that the two web hosts have some good features in common, but at the same time, they have their own disadvantages, which makes neither of them a perfect choice.
Their ratings below are made based on our reviews and monitoring.
The Common Highlights of Their Windows Hosting
One of the best aspects of MochaHost and GoDaddy is that they offer some of the latest Windows technologies and an easy-to-use web-based control panel. These things make their services highly usable. Besides, both web hosts are good in terms of the service uptime.
- Web-based control panel – MochaHost and GoDaddy utilize two of the best Windows hosting control panels. The former provides WebSitePanel, and the latter offers Plesk. Both control panels are great in navigation, functionality and ease of use.
- Windows technologies – Both companies keep the software on their Windows servers updated, so you can expect the latest versions of Windows Server, IIS, SQL Server, ASP.NET, Silverlight and Classic ASP from them.
- Service uptime – MochaHost proudly claims 100% uptime for their servers and network. This guarantee is backed by an SLA, so you will be credited in the case that downtime happens. Comparatively, GoDaddy guarantees 99.9% uptime for all Windows users. According to uptime monitoring, the two companies are able to offer over 99.9% uptime on average although it is not true to reach 100%. Below is the GoDaddy uptime.
Differences Between MochaHost and GoDaddy
During our reviews and monitoring, we saw a lot of differences between the Windows hosting services offered by MochaHost and GoDaddy, such as the price, speed, support, and refund guarantee.
Windows hosting price
To leave room for customers to scale, both MochaHost and GoDaddy provide 3 Windows hosting plans. However, they set totally different prices for the plans.
MochaHost plans are priced at a very affordable level. The regular prices of the plans are $4.95/mo, $7.95/mo and $11.95/mo, and there are up to 50% discounts available now for the first time, so that you can get much lower rates of $2.48/mo, $3.98/mo and $7.17/mo. The discounted prices are cheap indeed.
GoDaddy plans were not expensive, but the company increased all the prices recently. So now the plans are available from $5.99/mo, $7.99/mo and $12.99/mo. These prices seem not high, while they are only applicable to the initial term. Renewals cost $9.99/mo, $13.49/mo and $21.99/mo.
Generally speaking, MochaHost plans are much cheaper than the ones offered by GoDaddy.
Choices of the refund guarantee
MochaHost customers are backed by two guarantees in terms of the account termination. One of the guarantees is 30-day money back, which means you can get a full refund by cancelling the service you use during the first 30 days. And the other is the 180-day risk-free guarantee which enables you to receive a pro-rated refund by stopping your service within 180 days.
GoDaddy, however, offers a 30-day money back guarantee only. You are not entitled to any refund if you choose to quit after the first 30 days.
Windows hosting features
Depending on which plan you buy, you will get different features and hosting resources from MochaHost and GoDaddy. According to the official information, we find that neither of the two web hosts provides sufficient resources in their beginner plans.
For the evidence of this conclusion, you can read the following comparison between these hosts and Host4ASP.NET, a provider of rich-featured Windows hosting.
|Disk Space||Unlimited||100 GB||10 GB|
|Full Refund||30 Days||30 Days||30 Days|
|Claim It||–||–||Promo Link|
Both MochaHost and GoDaddy claim to use high-performance servers and fast networks to guarantee excellent hosting speed. However, the statistics collected from monitoring haven’t told us a good result.
For example, the average server response time of MochaHost is over 550ms, and that of GoDaddy is even longer – more than 800ms. This means you have to wait a long time for your web pages to load, especially when hosting with GoDaddy.
To show how GoDaddy is slow, you can check the following comparison between this company and Host4ASP.NET.
As technical support is an important part of any hosting service, we have tried all the support methods offered by MochaHost and GoDaddy, and found that neither of these companies is considerate enough.
Below are the details about the technical support offered by MochaHost.
- Technical support is available 24×7 via live chat and the company’s ticket system. Besides, you can search your issue in the knowledgebase, and check the network and server status at any time.
- MochaHost doesn’t offer a phone number that serves the technical support purpose.
- Many user reviews say that the company’s live chat is of little help as the support agents only create tickets.
In terms of GoDaddy, the following things are true with its technical support.
- GoDaddy provides support via live chat and phone. A knowledgebase is available, too.
- The company’s support agents are professional and knowledgeable in Windows hosting.
- You cannot submit a ticket when meeting a complicated issue because GoDaddy doesn’t provide a ticket system anymore.
Which Should You Choose?
Based on years’ experience in reviewing Windows web hosts, we don’t think MochaHost and GoDaddy are good choices. They are not doing well enough in support, feature or speed.
Therefore, we suggest you take more Windows hosting providers into consideration before making a purchase so that you can find one that suits you best. Below are three of the providers enjoying good reputations in the industry.